Where I've Been


View Jeb's Journeys in a larger map

Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Hike with Julian


View Devils Butte Lord Hill Regional Park in a larger map

On Sunday I took my nephew Julian to Lord Hill Regional Park near Monroe for our first hike together. He has expressed interest in hiking with me for some time now, and these few small peaks were a perfect place for me to safely test his endurance and determination without repeating a summit.



The weather turned sour Saturday night and so we spent the morning getting pretty wet. My rain gear needs a recharge and Julian's is not quite trail-worthy, so by the time we had reached the towers at Devils Butte, we were thoroughly soaked.  On the way back to the car we stopped twice to watch a few whitetails just off the trail. Julian still had fun, which tells me he will have a blast in better weather, I can't wait for summer!

No comments: